AXOFIT-GNT GABAPENTIN + NORTRIPTYLINE
Mode of Actions:
- Gabapentin is a medication which is used to treat partial seizures, neuropathic pain, hot flashes, and restless legs syndrome.
- Gabapentin is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants.
- Gabapentin treats seizures by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. Gabapentin relieves the pain of PHN by changing the way the body senses pain. It is not known exactly how gabapentin works to treat restless legs syndrome.
- Nortriptyline is used to treat depression. Nortriptyline is in a group of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain that are needed to maintain mental balance
- It is use for the treatment of childhood bed wetting.
- Gabapentin is an anti-seizure (anti-convulsant) drug that is used for preventing seizures and for treating post-herpetic neuralgia, the pain that follows an episode of shingles.
- It is recommended as one of a number of first-line medications for the treatment of neuropathic pain caused by diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, and central neuropathic pain.
- About 15% of those given gabapentin for diabetic neuropathy or postherpetic neuralgia have a measurable benefit, Gabapentin is taken by mouth.
- Nortriptyline it is indicated used for Depression, smoking cessation.
- Nortriptyline is indicated for the relief of symptoms of depression. Endogenous depressions are more likely to be alleviated than are other depressive states.
- it is taken with or without food.
common side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination.