LEOAID-600 LINEZOLID 600MG
Mode of Actions:
- Linezolid is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs (Pneumonia), and some infections in or under the skin.
- Linezolid is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body. Linezolid is used to treat different types of bacterial infections, such pneumonia, skin infections, and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics. Linezolid may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Linezolid is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
- Linezolid is a synthetic antibiotic, the first of the oxazolidinone class, used for the treatment of infections caused by multi-resistant bacteria including streptococcus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). The drug works by inhibiting the initiation of bacterial protein synthesis.
- Antibiotics such as linezolid will not work for colds, flu, and other viral infections.
Linezolid is used for treating these infections:
- Nosocomial pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-susceptible and -resistant isolates) or Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Community-acquired pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, or Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-susceptible isolates only)
Common side effects of linezolid are diarrhoea, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, change in the way things taste, rash, itching, dizziness white patches in the mouth irritation, burning, or itching of the vagina, change in color of the tongue or teeth.