PM-B6 Potasium Citrate 1100mg,Magnesium Citrate 375mg,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride 20mg.
Potassium citrate + magnesium citrate + vitamin b6 (pyridoxine) is used in the treatment of kidney stone.
Mode of Actions:
- Potassium citrate is used to make the urine less acidic. This effect helps the kidneys get rid of uric acid, thereby helping to prevent gout and kidney stones. This medication can also prevent and treat certain metabolic problems (acidosis) caused by kidney disease.
- magnesium citrate is used to clean stool from the intestines before surgery or certain bowel procedures (e.g., colonoscopy, radiography), usually with other products. It may also be used for relief of constipation.
- However, milder products (e.g., stool softeners, bulk-forming laxatives) should be used whenever possible for constipation.
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is used to prevent or treat low levels of vitamin B6 in people who do not get enough of the vitamin from their diets. Most people who eat a normal diet do not need extra vitamin B6.
- However, some conditions (such as alcoholism, liver disease, overactive thyroid, heart failure) or medications (such as isoniazid, cycloserine, hydralazine, penicillamine) can cause low levels of vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B6 plays an important role in the body. It is needed to maintain the health of nerves, skin, and red blood cells.
- Potassium citrate is used to treat a kidney stone condition called renal tubular acidosis. Potassium citrate may also be used for other purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
- Attaches to calcium in the urine, prevents the formation of mineral crystals.
- increases urinary citrate
- citrate binds with urinary calcium and prevents the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- prevent the urine from too acidic.
- Pyridoxine combined with magnesium helps in preventing formation of recurrent kidney stones.
- Inversely associated with the risk of oxalate stone recurrence.
How potassium citrate + magnesium citrate + vitamin b6 (pyridoxine) works This is a combination of three medicines:
- Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate and Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) which prevent kidney stones.
- Potassium Citrate and Magnesium Citrate raise urine pH and prevents the formation, growth and aggregation of crystals in the kidneys, thereby preventing stones.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) is added as its deficiency is associated with increased synthesis of oxalate, which is one of the constituents of kidney stones.
Common side effects of potassium citrate + magnesium citrate + vitamin b6 (pyridoxine) are Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain.